Pegasus Faucet Repair Pegasus Bamboo Single Handle Lavatory Faucet Model
Number 67109-8004- 67109-8096H Pegasus Bamboo 4 Inch Single Handle Lavatory in Heritage Bronze-Pegasus Bamboo 4
in. 1-Handle Low-Arc Bathroom Faucet in Brushed Nickel Model 432-0304 and 573-187
The Pegasus Bamboo faucet series from The Home Depot has to be one of the
more popular faucets in the Pegasus series. The simplicity of Pegasus faucet repair is engineered into every
faucet model. You can repair, rebuild and refurbish your Pegasus Bamboo faucet with only a few household items
Tools and other items you may need to repair your Pegasus Bamboo
2.5mm hex wrench
Channel lock pliers
White distilled vinegar
Rag or washcloth
Rubber jar lid opener
1. Turn the faucets water supply off under the lavatory sink. You should have two small shut-off valves
under the sink. Turn their handles clockwise until they stop. Open the faucet to make sure the water is off
2. Remove the faucet’s handle (RP103045). Slide your hex into the opening on the backside of the handle
and work it into the handles setscrew (RP50002). Turn the setscrew three turns counterclockwise to loosen the
handle from the faucet’s cartridge. Pull the handle straight up and off the cartridge stem.
3. Unscrew the faucet’s bonnet cap (RP80028). The metal cover over the bonnet nut. Use a rubber jar lid
opener of rubber gloves to grip the cap and unscrew it counterclockwise. Do not use pliers or other tools to
remove the cap; it is easily ruined by sharp objects.
4. Remove the faucet’s bonnet nut (RP70010). The bonnet nut holds the Faucet cartridge it place. Grasp
the bonnet nut with your channel lock pliers on its flat edges only. Hold the faucet spout with one hand, and
then turn the bonnet nut to the left with your other hand and pliers. If you have trouble removing the nut, pour
a tablespoon of distilled white vinegar into the top of the nut and wait twenty minutes to try
5. Lift the Pegasus faucet cartridge (RP20005) out of the faucet body by hand.
6. Remove the small rubber seal (RP70211) from the opening below the cartridge inside the faucet
7. Install a new Pegasus faucet cartridge seal (RP70211) and new Pegasus faucet cartridge
8. Reinstall the bonnet nut (RP70010) and bonnet nut cap (RP80028).
9. Slip the faucet handle (RP13045) back over the cartridge stem and secure the handle setscrew
10. Turn the water back on slowly to prevent any water hammer that may occur. Allow the water to run for a
few minutes while turning the faucet open and off several times. Check for leaks around handle and
Pegasus faucet warranty information and free Pegasus faucet parts can be
obtained by calling 1-877-580-5682.