|Pegasus Faucet Repair Instructions Bamboo 8 Inch Two Handle Lavatory
in Brushed Nickel
Pegasus Faucet Repair Instructions Bamboo 8
Inch 2 Handle Widespread Lavatory in Brushed Nickel Model 67125-8004 and 570-697-Pegasus Faucet Repair
Instructions Bamboo 8 Inch Two Handle Widespread Lavatory Bath Faucet in Heritage Bronze Model 67125-8096H
How to Repair a Pegasus Bamboo Widespread
Lavatory Sink Faucet
1. Shut off the hot and cold water supply to the
2. Open both hot and cold valves to relieve the remaining
water pressure inside the faucet supply lines.
3. Remove the Pegasus faucet handle screw cap (RP10007) from
the short end of each faucet handle. You should be able to remove them by hand. If you need, carefully use a safety
box knife to separate the screw cap from the faucet handle.
4. Insert a 2.5mm hex wrench into the open end of the faucet
handles and loosen the Pegasus setscrew (RP50002) inside. Turn the wrench and setscrew counterclockwise to loosen
it from the Bamboo faucet handle mounting screw (RP50019).
5. Lift the handles (RP13040) from the faucet handle
6. Unscrew the faucet handle mounting posts from the handle
adaptor nuts (RP64044).
7. Remove the handle adaptor nuts (RP70001) by
8. Unscrew the Pegasus faucet cartridge retaining nuts
(RP70001) with a large adjustable wrench or pump pliers. Turn the nut to the left. If the valve begins to turn in
the sink or countertop, you will need to hold a backup wrench underneath the sink to keep the valves from turning
and damaging the faucet’s supply lines.
9. Pull the Pegasus Bamboo faucet cartridge (RP20013) by
hand or with pliers.
Clean out the inside of each valve body
with a clean cloth.
Install a new Pegasus Bamboo faucet
cartridge in each valve. There are specific valves for hot and cold. The cold stem is Pegasus part number
(RP20014), and the hot cartridge stem is part number (RP20013).
Screw the cartridge retaining nut back
on each faucet valve. Do not over tighten.
Place each handle adaptor nut on each
new cartridge stem.
Insert the faucet handle mounting post
into each cartridge and screw into place. Do not over tighten.
Turn the mounting posts in opposite
directions to align the cartridges in their off positions. This will make installing the handles easier.
Install each Pegasus Bamboo faucet
handle on each mounting post as close as you can to their original positions.
Tighten each handle set screw with your
Turn the water back on
Slowly turn on each valve until it
flows fully, and then turn them back off.
If the handles are not aligned
correctly do so now.
Reinstall each faucet handle screw cap
and check for leaks around the handle base and spout.
How to Fix a Leaking Pegasus Bamboo Wide
Spread Faucet Spout
1. Unscrew the top of the faucet spout by hand only. If you
cannot unscrew it by hand, use a plumber’s strap wrench and hold onto the spout for leverage so it does not
2. Remove the Pegasus mixing plunger (RP70217) and the rest
of the Pegasus Plunger kit (RP70200).
3. You may also need to replace the two large O-rings
4. Install all O-rings and plunger kit parts back into their
5. Apply a small amount of plumber’s silicon grease onto the
threads of the spout cap and reinstall.
6. Turn the faucet valves on slowly and check for leaks
around the top, base and underside of the Pegasus Bamboo faucet spout.
Pegasus Faucet Repair Parts for Pegasus Bamboo 8 Inch 2 Handle Widespread Lavatory in Brushed
Nickel Model 67125-8004 and 570-697 and Pegasus Bamboo 8 Inch Two Handle Widespread Lavatory Bath Faucet in
Heritage Bronze Model 67125-8096H
RP20013 Pegasus Hot
RP20014 Pegasus Cold
RP64005 Valve Mounting
RP50004 Coupling Nut
RP70006 Quick Connect
RP40016 Pop-up Lift
RP56026 Spout Mounting