Pegasus Faucet Repair
Instructions for the Teapot 8 Inch Widespread Lavatory Sink Faucet in Chrome Model 173-418L (881-0001), Teapot
Faucet in Polish Brass 173-418L (881-0002), Glacier Bay/Pegasus Teapot Eight Inch Center Bath Faucet in Brush
Nickel 173-418L (881-0005) Pegasus Teapot 8 Inch Two Handle Lavatory in Polished Brass Model 67101-6002, Glacier
Bay/Pegasus Faucet Repair Instructions for the Teapot Roman Tub Faucet in Brushed Nickel with Polish Brass Trim
Model Number 8841-0005 and Glacier Bay/Pegasus Faucet Repair Instructions for the Teapot Roman Tub Faucet in
Polish Brass Model Number 8841-0002
1. Turn off the water and open both hot and cold faucet
2. Remove the hot and cold buttons RP10001 and RP10002 from the top of each
Pegasus faucet handle. You should be able to pop them out with your fingers.
3. Unscrew the handle screws RP50012 with a Phillips screwdriver. Turn the
screws to the left until removed.
4. Lift the handle lever off the faucet. The Teapot lever handle consists
of several parts. The screw cap-RP13009, handle lever-RP13062, handles retainer-RP13037 and the ball
head-RP17038. If it comes lose from the handle base, it’s OK, hang on to it until you put the faucet back
5. Remove the handle base-RP17042 if not removed
6. Unscrew the Pegasus faucet cartridge bonnet or retaining nut with an
adjustable Crescent wrench or pliers.
7. Pull the faucet cartridges out of the faucet body with your pliers. The
hot stem-RP20001, and then the cold Pegasus stem RP20002.
8. Wipe the inside of the faucet valves with a clean
9. Lubricate the new Pegasus faucet cartridges with silicone grease made
Install the new faucet cartridges in their correct valves.
Hot on the left and cold on the right.
Reinstall the retaining or bonnet nuts and tighten securely
with wrench or pliers.
Set the Teapot handle bases on each cartridge stem, and then
rotate the handle bases to the valves off position.
Reinstall the lever handles and their
Reinstall the faucet handle screws firmly; holding the lever
handles in position.
Snap the hot and cold indicator buttons back into the top of
each Teapot faucet handle.
Turn the water back on and inspect the Teapot faucet valves
and spout for leaks.
Pegasus/Glacier Bay Teapot 8” Widespread Lavatory Sink Faucet
Repair Parts List
Hot index button
Cold index button
Handle ball head
Teapot handle metal retainer
Teapot faucet handle lever
Teapot lever handle screw cap
Teapot handle seat
Handle flange and washer
Cartridge bonnet nut
Hot faucet cartridge
Cold faucet cartridge
Faucet Valve Rubber Washer
Valve metal washer
Valve Mounting Nut
Pegasus Teapot Valve Body
Supply nut RP56002
Teapot Mounting flange
Spout rubber washer
Spout metal washer
Spout mounting nut
Mixing tee washer
Mixing tee RP70101